arrow_upward
Quarantine and school
With finals drawing near I want to know how this virus has impacted your semester. It's a fucked up pandemic but a personal upside to this is school. Not having to wake up early and get on packed buses/trains is my main positive for this. Genuinely the most frustrating part. 

And more time to study. Especially this semester with my professors changing dates and assignments at times when classes started. At the same time it's kinda difficult in the current situation as some professors offer just slides and sometimes a pre recorded lecture. There's a delay in responses to questions and by that point I've moved on. Nothing against the teachers though since they are trying their best. Having to switch their courses to online with little preparation. Although I wouldn't same I'm struggling but this virus has given me a little added anxiety with assingments but time to deal with it I guess.

i'm not in school but it will be really interesting to see whether remote learning has much of an impact on student outcomes

Yeah I think some classes are better suited for it. Some classes might use cengage or myitlab along with lectures so switching won't be as difficult for teachers and students to learn. Some students find online classes easy. My only issue has ever been remembering when an assignment is due (coupled with not even remembering what day it is

Definitely some classes are better suited for it. I prefer more in-person learning for some topics because it helps me understand things better though, but being able to stay home and not get bothered by other people is always a plus.

I don't missed the added pressure and stress
Plus I was so behind in some of my projects

I guess the school schedule got messed up a lot

Like 4 of my professors are so anti tech its been pretty tough.