arrow_upward
Recommendation for start programming?
My major is related with programming so I would like to start learning programming. As you know there are many kinds of languages such as python c c++ java c# and etc and I wanna get recommendation or tips for study and learning programming language. I would not like to using Linux cause I’m not using MacBook,

[+] 1 user Likes Han999's post
Python and Java out of the ones you listed as languages good for beginners. There really isn't a de facto language to start with in programming. It's more the concepts and familiarizing yourself with problem solving. Language is just syntax. Lots of intro courses to get you used to everything on free tutorials with simple google searches. I found it easier to learn a language by doing toy problems and looking up documentation on syntax. They range in difficulty and if you get stuck after a while I would suggest just looking up other people's solutions. You'll learn a great deal from the perspectives of others this way

[+] 1 user Likes lairdweller123's post
I would recommend python or php because of how much they are used in web based applications.  There are a lot of examples online on how to get started.  You can start here: 

RE: Recommendation for start programming?.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on RE: Recommendation for start programming?.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.
.  There are lot of incremental problems to solve here that will get you introduced into programming.

Python, Java, and C# are good beginner languages as you can focus on learning the absolute basics and just getting in the mindset needed when programming. With C and C++, you'll need to handle garbage collection, think of it as cleaning up after yourself after you've used something, and are generally viewed as a little bit harder to have as starter languages. However, any language you study will benefit you in other languages as well. They'll all have shared concepts and some have very similar syntax, so whatever you learn is good in general for your future programming skills.

I would go for c++ cause its the most difficult language and you can code games in it

Hi man, 
I was in your same situation. Finally I choosed Python because has the best learning curve. It is intuitive and full of goood libraries. 
Also you can find many tutorial over the net to start. I choose python for everybody course in coursera.com

Bye

This is a very helpful tip for someone trying to pickup a new programming language.Grateful for the assistance

Depends on the major. For versatility in non-programming majors, go with python. For a computer engineering major, go with C / C++. For web design major, focus on Java (for applications) and Javascript (for websites, and design). For engineering majors, matlab is a standard modeling tool. For data scientists, try R

I think instead of focusing on your long term goal of learning programming, pick something you are excited to work on and figure out the best approach to that. Do you want to build some script that will automate something you have to do everyday? Maybe learn python. Want to build a webpage? Javascript. Etc.

Python's probably a safe bet.

If you're starting out as a completely fresh coder I would recommend c++ or python.  Python is a relatively easy language to learn but its pretty hard to be really good at it.  C++ is relatively simple if you're trying to make simple programs, but once you get to the harder parts of C++ its really tough to figure things out.

Python and it's not even close

i say start with c and c++ and move to java

start with java (dont "think" but DO IT)

Python is great to start. Also c# is pretty fun and if we talking c# we are using visual studio which is pretty handy.

If you are truly new to programming, I don't think Java is the way to go. Start with python and learn the basics , logic , control structures, conditionals, so on. Writing functions is basal to writing objects, which java focuses heavily on. Thus you will understand object oriented programming better if you have begun with its antecedents.

I think like most have said, it's worth starting with Python. A lot of the fundamental concepts come pretty easily with Python and once you understand that, a lot of different languages become much easier to learn.

Python is probably the most important coding language to learn right now. Very easy and powerful

Python is a good language to start with, its easy to understand and is used in a lot of real world applications rn

java will teach you fundamentals and is easy, but python probably is best choice for beginners