arrow_upward
Should I start a new account if I have negative reputation?
I kind of agree.

I made the same mistake at first. It wasnt clear what the setup was and I made replies without realizing how badly they would affect contributor level.

Here's my biggest issue. I've posted several quality leak threads and that still isnt enough to overcome a few replies in the beginning? And I cannot PM the administrator about it since, of course, I do not have an upgraded membership. I believe my contributions FAR outweigh the few initial posts I made and I cannot even get hold of an admin to appeal or ask them to reconsider my contributor rating. I dont think I am going to share anymore since it takes SO MUCH to raise the contributor level. I think the algorithm is seriously lopsided.

Lucifer - I hope you read this, take a look at what I've posted and help me out here. Appreciate it.

i think negative reputation is normal when you start.. i have -30 from fresh

Yes posting can lead to low contribution so its best to start a new account and slow work your way up.

Damn i still dont get it

I think the first mistake we all have made is spammed posts without reading the rules

Clawing my way out of negative, I actually like how the forum is set up. It is almost like how forums like Reddit should be set up, w/ both Reputation and Contribution. The main idea of it is to force quality, which is exactly how it has been set up. Kudos to the designers!

"I think the first mistake we all have made is spammed posts without reading the rules"

It's rather an easy mistake to make. You sign up, see a post you like, see the banner that says 'reply to see link's, so you reply and immediately get into the negative. 

Then when you see you have ten credits, you 'spend' it only to see it was wasted due to another obscure rule other and more active forums have.

Makes you wonder what other catch 22's are hidden away in this site.

Huh? We can't edit our replies? I wanted to clarify where I wrote 'more active forums have' it's supposed to say 'more active forums do not have'

Really wish I knew about it first, probably would've been at a positive contribution if it weren't for my ignorance. Also wished you received contribution points from receiving likes from 1+ month accounts at the very least to prevent spammers liking their own posts.

Yeah, I agree with you, too.

Keep grinding fellas, we'll be positive soon

I have a contribution of -16 because I read about that i don't have to post in leaks content, but i have created 3 thread with good content since that happen, and my contributor level still in -16, i don't know why???

Same thing went for me too. to get access to view link I posted many comment but yet was unable to see any link. After doing a little bit of searching I found it that commenting thank you will reduce my point! Now I have -10 contribution point, don't know how much time it'll take to overcome this.

I really don't understand contributor level. Mine started at -5 from the Time i created my account. Does anybody know what exactly that means?

Does anyone know if reputation takes time between posts into account? Or age of the account? It would make sense to use more than one metric to calculate an account's reputation. But I definitely agree with the consensus on this thread.

I also messed up

I see. Thank you for the information, will keep that in mind.

RIP. Going to experiment if writing long posts bumps it up. Just wanted to download a leak Sad

Agree, its hard to download