arrow_upward
Should people wear surgical masks?
I mean I have no idea

Depends on multiple factors. Are you going to be in contact with people that are infected? Are you going to a public place where everyone is standing close to each other? do you know if you are infected yourself?

I think honestly if people wore masks it would greatly reduce the infection rate by a lot

No they should just stay inside

I think the official word is for those infected to wear masks, but for us healthy it doesn't make any difference. Besides, most cheap masks are ineffective because they do not cover the whole nose and mouth completely - there is always a gap for the virus to fly through - so why not just hold a kleenex to your face instead.
Washing hands and avoiding areas with many infections is best.

Only N95 and up masks actually help

Surgical masks are for you to prevent the contaminating of the people and area around you. Not vice-versa.

[+] 1 user Likes ghulaky123's post
No, 99% of them just provide an illusion of safety.

Dslg01 Wrote:No, 99% of them just provide an illusion of safety.
Illusion of safety for the wearer, feeling of worry for everyone around the wearer

They'll prevent transmission of the virus from droplets like spit or phlegm. The masks become useless once they are saturated with moisture though. They may also provide a reminder to prevent someone from touching their face.

usually the surgical masks are used to keeps germs in. so people who are infected should be wearing them. it's all about limiting contact and cleaning hands

It's probably best to avoid touching our face throughout the day (it's a tough habit to break) and constantly wash our hands. Unfortunately, we can't stop people from coughing in our face though

probably not but it might help the wearer keep from touching their face

genlock12345 Wrote:probably not but it might help the wearer keep from touching their face
That’s true. I think it’s good that people take the precaution and wear masks. However, I personally do not use one.

No, no, no, no, no, no and no!

As ghulaky123 said, surgical masks are to the infected people use, not the healthy. And people don't know how to use the masks and put their hands on them and don't change them every 2 hours, creating a lot of contamination on the masks and make it even worst.

Masks for healthy people use on contact with infected are very expensive and leave them for the ones that really need it.

I would say YES if you're going to a crowded place. You never know. Better be safe than sorry Smile

Current advice is for people who are ill/show symptoms to wear the mask to avoid spreading the infection. Otherwise best to wash hands often and avoid touching face/mouth

If they're N95 rated, sure.

You should if your area is infected, most importantly is wash your hands frequently, that's the best way to keep yourself safe from the coronavirus

Na it looks fusking stupid lmao