arrow_upward
Skills to learn before applying for a job
Sooner or later as a college student, the time will come to stop being a lazy bum and get a job. Any tips or skills that would help in securing one in the future?

Depends on your field. Internship(s) will probably help the most in securing your first job out of college.

Absolutely. Internships are becoming a lot more important nowadays since it essentially helps you build experience through college and potentially gives you an easy-way into a full time job if you can manage to convert full-time.

[+] 1 user Likes test_account_123's post
do you know what industry or field are you interested in? your answer is going to really depend on that

Well currently I'm under the course of Tourism and Hospitality Management, but thanks to quarantine my chances of landing an internship may be a little slim for now. But I'm still optimistic to see what opportunities I can find next year!

Learn excel
Read cialdini
Win

Nah it depends on the job you shouldnt do some general random things

Depends entirely on the job. But generally, good communication skills are a MUST for any job.

People have mentioned the internship thing. If you have a little bit of skill in a certain area though, you could basically email anyone in that field and say “I’m a student at <uni> and I’m thinking about doing <role> as a job and I’d love to spend 30 minutes and ask you some questions.

People in real jobs go crazy trying to help answer student questions because no one does this. I wish I did it a lot more when I was in college. You may even get a job out of it if you actually follow through on their advice and let them know with an occasional update.

[+] 1 user Likes anonymous10241024's post