arrow_upward
Star Wars Opinion
I would like to hear opinions on the progression of the Star Wars Movies.

For me, the steady increase in production quality is amazing.
However the actual story is hit or miss from movie to movie.

heinzhuber223 Wrote:I would like to hear opinions on the progression of the Star Wars Movies.

Same! Last one was an entertaining watch despite all of the fan service, but was disappointed that this movie ends up in the same 'place' as ROTJ. And that with a size-able body count of original heroes. Much preferred original EU content of the 90's to what we got with Disney.

They really destroyed the complete franchize with the last 2 movies imo.

i think the actual quality is dipping but they still look fantastic so i will always go see them in the cinema

although qualty is better, i still like the first 3

heinzhuber223 Wrote:I would like to hear opinions on the progression of the Star Wars Movies.

Say what you want about the prequels but when watching those movies you are getting a sense of that this is one mans vision and there is a clear story arc that he wants to express. The new trilogy basically is Disney sitting down in their expensive conference room around their expensive conference table in their expensive suits asking "How can we make more money?" Now, since money is first and film is second it doesn't matter if they switch directors in the middle of the trilogy and they don't care that most of Abrams material was disregarded by Jonsson. To be fair J.J Abrams tried making something of a cohesive story, does it pay homage to the original trilogy? Yes and no. On the one hand we have Force Awakens which is a copy-paste script of a New Hope. Sand planet with a poor person who's soon gonna fly away from there to discover their powers and use those powers to help some rebels topple an evil force of evilness by destroying their planet-sized super weapon. On the other hand, J.J Abrams sat down and said "I'm gonna give the middle finger to Return of the Jedi by bringing back Sheev Palpatine". All ranting aside, the new trilogy is garbage, Rogue One was okay and paid homage in the right way, Disney should stop making movies all together imo.

i loved it fav movies afll time

The new Star wars is boring, they should have ended it

I wish they would just adapt some of the Legends stuff instead of shoehorning their own ideas when they clearly have no idea what to do with the franchise.

How much do you think Star Wars is just benefitting off nostalgia factor? Do they have a good appeal to new fans?

they need to stop making new movie, sometimes, things just needs to end

I wouldn't mind a trilogy if it was coherent. Episode 7 was a rehash of episode 4 but I was fine with that. Episode 8 was cool and stupid at the same time. Episode 9....it just shows there wasn't a vision.

I think I just want another Rogue One.

Not really a fan of the most recent star wars movies. Like the introduction of galaxy's edge theme park, but should of kept the series with the original star wars movies

Tragi-comical. The VFX increase but the story takes a dump, direct opposite with the older movies.

Love all these opinions from star wars "fans" who only like 3 out of 9 movies. You people are the reason lucas never made ep7, 8, and 9

prequels and the sequel sequels shouldn't exist

Hollywood milked the shit out of that franchise though and people will keep watching if they make more

The latest couple movies make the prequels look like works of art. Honestly the best stuff in star wars right now are the "stand alone" movies like Rogue One etc.

I've found the movies to be somewhat like fhe avengers series, good enough to watch, entertaining, but hell, ask me a week later for some of the plot lines?

Entirely forgettable.

I wish they would collaborate with the makers of the SW comic titles, which seem to have interesting original stories. These new flicks are entertaining, but between the rotating directors and lore shifting between each installment have made things messy and inconsequential. My favorite of the new movies were the standalones, which had to take some risks and not always give a safe outcome. Rogue One is the model they should be working from.

Series was great, but disney... adaptation is disaster, created for 12 years old kids, movies without logic or 'soul' Sad

[+] 1 user Likes senna's post