arrow_upward
Star Wars Rankings
Recently finished up the series and was thinking about how I’d rank them. Sadly, the new trilogy did not fare well. Here’s how I have it.

1. Empire Strikes Back
  2. Return of the Jedi
  3. A New Hope
  4. Revenge of the Sith
  5. Force Awakens
  6. Attack of the Clones
  7. The Last Jedi
  8. Phantom Menace
  9. The Rise of Skywalker
The last two in the series just were bad movies that did a disservice to the entire franchise in my opinion. Anyone feel differently?

[+] 1 user Likes Jwolf4's post
I would agree, for me the most exciting Star Wars to come out in recent times has been the mandalorian.

[+] 2 users Like mightmouse1488's post
Revenge of the Sith is my personal favorite but otherwise your list is pretty close to how I would rate them aswell.

[+] 1 user Likes 35for35's post
I purposely excluded other Star Wars products like the Mandalorian and Rogue One. Tough to compare.

I feel like I'm one of the few Star Wars fans that didn't find the newer movies that bad. For me they were perfectly fine movies, not amazing but good enough to fill a few hours of my time enjoyably. I never came in with the expectation of them being super good movies or anything groundbreaking and I personally prefer them to the prequels (except ROTS cause its a legendary movie).

Pretty good list tbh

The originals are still the best

I would actually rank them: 
1) 6
2) 7
3) 8
4) 1
5) 9
6) 4
7) 5
8) 2
9) 3

The ewoks were awesome, the newest were a little predictable but very well done, and the chronological movies 1-3 tried too hard to use tech that wasn't good enough at the time, so it just looks rough to me as a viewer.

Thats a canny decent list, I would of swapped 1) to 8) and 8) to 1)

I have to agree, The first 3 is spot on in you ranking. Im not a huge fan or the new starwars movies (well some are not relay new anymore) its still starwars and i love scifi, but its not all there.

Yeah I’m with you 100% on that one. Personally, I can’t wait for Kenobi to come out

I feel like Force Awakens was right up there with the original trilogy...built up so much potential, but then creative direction just tore it all back down in 8 and 9

jar jar binks def best character

i agree with your list except that Force Awakens should not be top 5 at all. actually nowhere near lol. none of the disney trilogy movies should be

Exactly the same list! You can throw the skywalker trilogy away. Those aren't star wars at all but Disney's feeble attempt to milk this fanbase.

I personally would've put The Force Awakens at the top. Probably a very controversial thing to say but, I really loved the feeling that movie had. These new characters that had no last names, no ties to other characters other than they fight the same fight. The best addition as well was Kylo Ren, he easily became one of my favorite characters in Star Wars