arrow_upward
Stardew Valley
I'm working through my first year in SDV right now. It's supposed to be this relaxing game, but I feel like I get stressed out with the time constraints and the to-do's of each day. How do other people play the game? Do you enjoy it?

[+] 1 user Likes Aguy83's post
When i played with friend each one of us had a ideia of how to play the game and is basically was: "I'm doing what i tried and enjoyed"
Personally i don't like fishing in Stardew but a lot of people actually love this feature.
Also, you don't really need to feel this way about the game, it's not like you're competing with someone, just take you time fiding what you like about it. Later in game you can use sprinklers with a area of 24 blocks and there's a lot of little things like this that will help you overtime if you still feel stressed with dailly tasks.

What helped me a bit in that regard was making one farm where I allowed myself to min-max and stress about efficiency, but also another farm where I took it more easy and got more into character and story. I just did what I felt like doing spring each day even if it didn't contribute to the community center. Sorry I don't have more advice, I struggle with that myself lol

[+] 2 users Like jbob612's post
You can always blow off making money and just go around making friends. I always get in good with everyone so the game feels more immersive.

Whenever the stress gets too much just take a break and do some nice relaxing fishing.

I remember playing this game when it first came out.

Personally I find it more fun to play with some friends, but the game has this goal of making you create a balanced routine.

If you like to earn certain acheveimnts , it can become stressful.
but if you find a task you like and focus, it feels very relaxing

might go back and play it again

You probably only feel that way because you want to mix/max your time. There's no real "end game" even though content extends out pretty far. You'll definitely learn to relax and enjoy it at your own pace