arrow_upward
Starting a new job!
Hi guys! I'm starting a new job which needs me to code mostly in C sharp. I'm generally new to coding as a whole. I wanted to ask how long does it really take to be fluent in any of the languages?

That depends on your definition of fluent. Learning the syntax isn't gonna take more than a few weeks if you're new. But I'd say knowing how to actually put the language to use is gonna take you no less than 4 months

Probably agreed with the above that the first language will take a few months, and each language after will probably take 1-3 weeks.

Programming wisdom, though, comes over a long period of time, eg years and is the main reason why senior programmers are paid so much more.

First of all, you need to know what is the main focus of company that you are started working at, basically if they are into C# web application or server side etc. That way you can get familiar with libraries etc. that you would need for work. Thats is the first thing to do, because the range of stuff that is available in C# is very big and in most cases you wont use 50-70% libraries available because of the nature of the job.