arrow_upward
Stock market
Hi guys. 

Are anyone interested in the Stock market? 
Any companies you have any good experience with, with good returns?

Apple, Microsoft lol

keep an eye on DYY in the next 48 hours

best bet is apple.

I'll go with Apple (AAPL)

I've been having a nightmare with commodities but big player's like alibaba and microsoft have done well for me

China stocks are on the rise right now, but it's risky because it's China. The regulation over there is lax, so who is to say that they're not cooking their books? Their stocks can just go poof one day.

Best bet is Apple. I know it's pricey, but it's well worth the investment

classichumour Wrote:China stocks are on the rise right now, but it's risky because it's China. The regulation over there is lax, so who is to say that they're not cooking their books? Their stocks can just go poof one day.

What do you suggest looking into for chinese stocks?

bamboy Wrote:
classichumour Wrote:China stocks are on the rise right now, but it's risky because it's China. The regulation over there is lax, so who is to say that they're not cooking their books? Their stocks can just go poof one day.

Do you mean which Chinese stocks to keep an eye out for that are on the rise? Or what to watch for when trying to select chinese stocks?

Enbridge has been good for me
I think some of the party is over, but there's still room!

Apple, Amazon, Google. Can't go wrong

IF you want some emerging market exposure go with Naspers Ltd

classichumour Wrote:
bamboy Wrote:

Do you mean which Chinese stocks to keep an eye out for that are on the rise? Or what to watch for when trying to select chinese stocks?
The one i would keep an eye on is Tencent (it can also be purchased at a discount if one buys Naspers Ltd which is listed on the JSE).  The Share price has fallen with all the tension between the US and China, but Tencent owns their version of Facebook and the largest gaming platform in China.  Stay away from construction and mining stocks as they are trying to shift their economy to a consumer driven economy

Squapy Wrote:IF you want some emerging market exposure go with Naspers Ltd

classichumour Wrote:
bamboy Wrote:

The one i would keep an eye on is Tencent (it can also be purchased at a discount if one buys Naspers Ltd which is listed on the JSE).  The Share price has fallen with all the tension between the US and China, but Tencent owns their version of Facebook and the largest gaming platform in China.  Stay away from construction and mining stocks as they are trying to shift their economy to a consumer driven economy
How do you buy it at a discount?

classichumour Wrote:
Squapy Wrote:IF you want some emerging market exposure go with Naspers Ltd

classichumour Wrote:
bamboy Wrote:

How do you buy it at a discount?
Hi classichumour.  You dont rely buy at a discount.  When you buy the Naspers shares you, buy there holding in Tencent (Naspers had a 31% holding in Tencent,  i am unsure what it currently is).  The reason why i say it is discounted is because you pay less for the Naspers shares which has the Tencent holding than you would have paid if you buy the same amount of Tencent shares.  

If i use an example (the amounts are not the actual amounts and is used for illustration only).  Lets say you buy 100 Naspers shares (which means that you get 10 Tencent shares) you will pay less for the 100 Naspers shares than you would have paid for the 10 Tencent shares. Therefore there is a discount. 

From Google 
People also ask
How much of Tencent does Naspers own?
Naspers to Sell 2% of Tencent Stake and Raise $10.6B. Naspers Limited (NPSNY), the South African internet and media company, is selling $10.6 billion of its Tencent Holdings (TCEHY) stock, equal to about 2 percent of the total outstanding shares.Jun 25, 2019

RE: Stock market.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on RE: Stock market.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.

Hi classichumour.  You dont rely buy at a discount.  When you buy the Naspers shares you, buy there holding in Tencent (Naspers had a 31% holding in Tencent,  i am unsure what it currently is).  The reason why i say it is discounted is because you pay less for the Naspers shares which has the Tencent holding than you would have paid if you buy the same amount of Tencent shares.  

If i use an example (the amounts are not the actual amounts and is used for illustration only).  Lets say you buy 100 Naspers shares (which means that you get 10 Tencent shares) you will pay less for the 100 Naspers shares than you would have paid for the 10 Tencent shares. Therefore there is a discount. 

From Google 
People also ask
How much of Tencent does Naspers own?
Naspers to Sell 2% of Tencent Stake and Raise $10.6B. Naspers Limited (NPSNY), the South African internet and media company, is selling $10.6 billion of its Tencent Holdings (TCEHY) stock, equal to about 2 percent of the total outstanding shares.Jun 25, 2019

RE: Stock market.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on RE: Stock market.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.

Thanks. I quickly looked into what you were saying. From what I read, Naspers stock price relies on how well Tencent does, since it's so heavily weighted. So if Tencent is $51.60 and Naspers is $34.75 might as well pay the premium and go with Tencent to reap 100% of the earnings vs the 31%.

P.S. do you know why i'm not getting credits for posting?

you just need to learn for yourself and see whats best

If you don't have much knowledge, just stick to SPY

passive investing dude =P conservative gains that mostly cover inflation + a small bump in gains w/o much stress.