arrow_upward
Sub or Dub?
How do you prefer to watch Anime? A friend of mine only watches dubbed Anime on Netflix. I douldn't imagine to wait for that.

[+] 2 users Like wasabinut's post
Honestly it depends. I prefer a good dub if I can have it. But usually the subs are better.

Now when I say better that's not always due to voice acting or translations. I think an under considered aspect of this debacle is just that anime can get wild and cheesy really often, and they say some ridiculous things. And heari g those ridiculous things vs reading them are two entirely different things. Everything g sounds better in your head imo.

[+] 1 user Likes trash_omg's post
Subs with the original voice actors is almost aaaalways better

definitely subbed

Subs with the original actors' voices. Dub actors aren't anywhere close to as good as the original. The only exception to that is Darth Vader. The dubs for that were way better than the original actor's voice.

sub is just too good

It depends how focused I am. Like if it's dubbed I can watch it in the background. But sub requires my full attention.

Can anyone tell me when the dub was better then the sub?

I would prefer sub if i have the choice.

It depends, in Anime i prefer dub but in live movies i will prefer sub

I personally prefer dubbed content.

I watch both! There are some amazing dubs out there like full metal alchemist brotherhood and steins;gate for example but other times I watch sub a well

Honestly it depends on my mood. Do I want to multi-task? If I do its dubbed because I cant read and game at the same time. In a dubbed scenario I can and thats what I base it off of. I prefer dub but subs are often better by a long shot.

I watch sub all the time. but some people have trouble reading the subs and watching at the same time so they just watch dub

Depends. Sometimes I'll check out both for a show to get a feel of which one I might prefer. Sometimes I'll just stick with a dub or sub if I'm too lazy to hunt for an alternative. Some classic stuff I prefer to watch dubbed like Cowboy Bebop or Big O.

Both. Sometimes I watch the original version first and then the dubbed one if it's a quality one

Arrow Any like will be much much appreciated guys. Cheers ! Sick

Rub a dub dub, how about that?

I'm not a native english speaker so I can't understand both well unless I'm reading subs