arrow_upward
Tennis Goat Debate
I think we can all agree that there is no one goat in tennis. The big three (Nadal djokovic Federer) are too identical in achievements to pin point one as clearly the greatest ever. I mean if one of them had won like 25+ slams we could entertain the discussion but right now I say there is no Goat. Not to mention we don't quite know how to evaluate and compare the careers of the greats many decades ago..... Any thoughts?

i agree that it's hard to measure one person as the GOAT when there's different eras. imo there is tiers though and federer, nadal, djovovic, serena, court, bjorn, sampras etc are all in the GOAT tier. then you have the level just below GOAT tier with guys like agassi, lendl, connors, seles

in terms of achievements, djokovic will end up being the best. he's broken so many records and will continue to and he'll pass federer and nadal in slams before his career is over.

Nadal just dropped out of Wimbledon and the Tokyo Olympics because his body is fucked up. Osaka just dropped out of Wimbledon because her man is making her do so many drugs that her body is fucked and she probably can't function at all. I guess Djokovic will win the men's side and God only knows who'll win the women's side.

There may not be a clear cut GOAT rn but it will definitely be Novak when the dust settles, Nadal can't win outside of France and Federer is way too old. Williams obviously the GOAT but Navratilova is very good too (Graf, Seles as well)

Agree, no 1 goat but Federer is my favourite

I think that djoko will surpass both rafa and roger regarding slams count. Performance wise djoko will be the goat imo. However, the way rafa and roger elevated the sport to higher levels and introduced the sport to new people should be taken into account aswell. Nonetheless i think that it will be hard to have a clear cut goat