arrow_upward
The Future of E3
Will E3 stick around for much longer? Nintendo has already said, "fuck that" to conferences in general and Sony seems to be doing the same. At this rate its only a matter of time before Microsoft does the same, I mean they already seem to like the VGA's as their announcement platform as seen in this last VGA show. Can E3 hold on with publisher support?

Nah its done for. Its a pointless middle man renowned for being extremely shit and cringey.

Coland Wrote:Will E3 stick around for much longer? Nintendo has already said, "fuck that" to conferences in general and Sony seems to be doing the same. At this rate its only a matter of time before Microsoft does the same, I mean they already seem to like the VGA's as their announcement platform as seen in this last VGA show. Can E3 hold on with publisher support?
E3 is done for I think

Remember seeing an announcement by them recently that they're planning to switch over from an announcement focused event to focusing on influencers/streamers? Like meet and greets etc, I think it'll last a year if that

I think Corona will finish the E3 this year.

Nintendo has their little Nintendo Directs and Sony has the Playstation Experience (PSX). just a matter of time beofre Microsoft does their own thing. After that it'll probably be carried by indie developers for a couple years. As of right now I feel like its on a slow decline.

I attended E3 in 2013 and 2015 and I can tell you that it's much more exciting to experience from home than in person. You just stand in line for 2-8 hours (no joke) for yet another Call of Duty, and then you eat a crappy taco from a food truck outside and go back in. The ESA who runs the show aren't helping themselves either - this year they were toying with the idea of focusing on influencers rather than the general public as their core attendees.

What a waste. In the right hands, the show could be amazing

Unfortunately I think this is essentially the end of it. The event was going downhill for some time and they didn't really listen to feedback of the people. Unless they change things around big time it's done for. Which is sad as this event has been a huge thing for all of us for years.