arrow_upward
The Nets Still Haven't Convinced Me
Definitely a hot take, but the Nets still haven't convinced me that they're a lock for Eastern Conference Champion. It feels like it's a given at this point that it's going to be the Lakers vs. the Nets. While I agree that the Lakers are most likely going back to contend for a back-to-back, the Nets don't feel like they can go all the way. Even then, if they do happen to go all the way, I don't see them beating the Lakers (mainly, who's going to stop AD). The way the Nets are constructed with their 3 superstars don't feel like a championship team to me. KD and Kyrie's egos bother me and at that point James Harden is the default leader/most stable player. And this might be holding them accountable for something so picky... but they dropped 2 games back-to-back to the Cavs and I'm pretty sure all 3 were healthy for one game, and only Kyrie was out the other. That just ain't a good look lmao. Although, I'll give them an excuse, it was early on after acquiring Harden so maybe they hadn't meshed yet.

If you were to ask me who is a lock for Eastern Conference Champion, I'd say there is no definitive answer. It would have to be a blood bath and we'll see who comes out on top. I will say that the 76ers are looking really good and I'd have them at the best chance to stop the Lakers 2peat.

They can certainly outscore teams but they don't play defense so if they match up with a team shooting at the same or a better rate, things can get a little complicated for them. They basically traded their defensive players

The only clear champ on the east is the Wizards

At least now I think they should. They have been playing extremely well with better defense now and winning without kd