arrow_upward
The Platform
So, I watched The Platform today and i Thought this movie is totally mindblowing, it have good messages behind it, critizing the system and the related things about it, it was almost like a punch in the face. What are your thoughts about it  ?  And do you guys  know any others movies like The Platform ? Horror etc. I was thinking about watching Tall Grass but I heard that it is not too good but maybe I will give it a chance.

From watching the trailer to The Platform, looks like you might then enjoy The Cube from 1997

Is it more the societal themes it portrays or the dystopian future it's set in?

Yeah, the Platform was definitely really interesting on a more subtle level, totally agree. District 9 (more sci-fi) and The Hunt are somewhat similar but Platform is pretty different. I think tegan is right about The Cube, that's another good suggestion.

The movie was ok. The concept was neat but wasn't super original. There are plenty of movies that have people in weird social experiments like the cube or circle (both were awful). The actors and some of the scenes were good but in the end it kinda fell flat. The main reason is that there was a lot of potential room to explore topics like human nature or the nature of the prison and it leaves everything vague without any real substance with an incredibly bland ending