arrow_upward
The Witcher
Just finished the first season.

Wow, I really love it. A lot of people are complaining they're leaving details, but ffs I think they did what they could with 8 hours.

Been meaning to give it a try. Will have to get a couple of episodes watched tonight.

I really want to know what people who have never read or played the Witcher series think about it. I already know the lore so if they're leaving out details I probably won't be as confused. Still, the production is really good!

I'm looking forward to binge watching it when I get some free time. I've personally never played the Witcher so I'm really excited about this.

Haven't watch it yet, mind sharing what's the interesting part of the show?

Sure, my super truncated summary won't do much justice but for the story:

Interesting main character just wants to be left alone and kill monsters for money, but destiny and fate keep getting him in complicated situations. He's a witcher, who is supposed to be neutral, not be the "good guy" or "bad guy" but sometimes he's one or the other because of the aforementioned situations.

Other than that, I think the development of the characters are pretty neat, and the fight scenes and magic are pretty great to watch.

Sounds interesting, will check it out during my spare time

It felt too rushed to me, amazing music though, love Geralt and Jaskier banters

Next on my watch list. Heard Superman did a good job though as Geralt

Just finished it was great only wished there were a few more fight scenes like epidsode 1.

Enjoyed the 1st season. However i believe they could have done a better job explaining the different timelines since i found it a bit confusing at first.

Play Witcher 3 the game... its incredible

The Witcher is a bigger universe. With 8 hours you are not quite able to have entertaining scenes and background story.
Future Seasons should fix that.

The show was really great, it makes me really want to read the books

After playing The Witcher 3 the netflix adaptation is really nice.

Definitely a good show. Can't wait for the next season.

ghulaky123 Wrote:I really want to know what people who have never read or played the Witcher series think about it. I already know the lore so if they're leaving out details I probably won't be as confused. Still, the production is really good!
I have only ever seen a friend play the game once so I had no idea about any of the lore and was a little confused to start with but after the 2nd episode i was getting the idea and really enjoyed the whole series in the end.

Yeah I'm glad they managed to tie in the 3 story lines since if they didn't I feel like people would've HATED it. The fight scenes were phenomenal. I''m sure season 2 is going to be much MUCH better just because season 1 is obviously sort of a trial, and they don't want to risk losing money putting in production if they show isn't successful. Now that they know for sure it'll be popular, they'll bee more willing to dump more money in.

I just played a bit of Witcher 3 but sort got what the universe was all about. At first I was a bit confused by the series since it's not chronological, but after I while I grew to care a lot for Gerald and of course Jennifer

I just finished it yesterday night. I've never played the games or read the books but I'm planning on doing both in the near future.