arrow_upward
Thoughts on Brand New 2024 Tacomas
So the all new fourth generation 2024 Toyota Tacomas are finally beginning to be shipped off to dealer lots.  This is the first model year of a MAJOR redesign and update to the outgoing third gens. Completely new chassis, powertrains, and trims. Just looking at the third gen vs the fourth gen, you'd think the two trucks were at least ten years apart not one!

[Image: 1684629897103-png.679]

Unfortunately however, there is a pretty big caveat to this, and that is the pricing. Toyota jacked the prices WAY up on these new midsize pickups. The work truck spec, SR trim used to start at $28500, now the absolute barebones base price is over $32k USD. If you wanted to get the entry level "consumer" trim, prices are even higher with the SR5 4x4 Tacos starting at around 40k now, and keep in mind, this is before any options. Unfortunately, since Toyota has no system of custom ordering a truck, just the way you want it, and since they don't care about what dealers do after the truck is delivered, this product is ripe for exploitation.

From what I have been able to gather so far, dealers are only selling new Tacos that are basically fully loaded and fully optioned out, and to add insult to injury, they're applying a "market adjustment" in some of these instances. All in all, these prices for a midsize truck are getting really really close to the price of a full size pickup. Looking through the inventory listing's on toyotas websites, some of the SR5, not the TRD, but the SR5 Tacomas are selling for upwards of FIFTY THOUSAND USD. That's literally half-ton territory. It's such a shame too, because I was legitimately excited to possibly buy one of these to replace my aging car, but I simply refuse to participate in this nonsense.

What are you guys feeling about the new Tacoma? Boom or bust? Bullish or bearish? I want to be bullish, but only if the car marker starts to REALLY suffer and dealers start to truly panic sell their inventory.

They are always great cars. My grandpa had a 1982 single cab pickup that had close to a million miles on it. Ge used it to drive around his property. Toyota are tanks