arrow_upward
Thoughts on LGBTQ+?
I'm pansexual, and I thought it'd be interesting to hear your thoughts on everything having to do with the LGBTQ+ community. I've seen and heard a lot of different opinions but it's still a very interesting topic to discuss Smile

I think people are more accepting than ever! Young generation is especially, so I expect the community to be way more open in the coming years

We've had a bit of a slide recently on their rights but I'd expect a big step forward coming soon.

It is slowly becoming accepted, and although I think it will take still a few generations to be fully accepted, things seen (so far) bright. A bit afraid of conservatives pushbacks, which are happening in some governments all over the World, but the Western World mostly is improving well. Still it varies for each LGBTQ+ position you are, gays and lesbians now much more accepted, trans are (slowly) integrating better in society, but bisexuals have still a long road to go, even among LGBTQ+ groups, before the stigma of "just a transition phase between hetero or homo (or vice versa)" goes away.

Acceptance seems to come in waves, where it's 2 steps forward and 1 back, but it does appear to me as though there is a consistent march forward

Hmm there doesn't appear to be an edit button, but, I'll just say, I think that march forward is good.

I have mixed feelings about it. I do not have problems with people, who think they was born in the wrong body, or they know since childhood, they like the same sex. But find the pressure to accept it disgusting, and i don't like people who become part of LGBTQ becouse they give up to find a partner from the opposite sex, or just sexually overheated (i know some person like this).

I honestly hope that those strongly against chill out a bit, personally I don't see the harm in making small behavioural and lifestyle adjustments to make others feel welcome/safe