arrow_upward
Thoughts on Valorant?
Do you think it will have a relevant competitive scene like CS:GO?

[+] 1 user Likes Dmtry1's post
no it will die like overwatch

I tried it but I got quite bored of it quickly

I like the mechanics, but think the maps are quite boring. Will probably get pretty big though once they fix the game

Valorant is a hell of a beta on release.

It won't ever recreate CS:GO for a few reasons:

1. Has no item economy, just overpriced skins.
2. Literally has a server mod/plugin that exists within CS:GO (Most won't acknowledge it is, but it has abilities, passives, ultimates, etc...)
3. An efficient way to troll and grief player's time.

Other than that it is a decent CS:GO clone and I guess for most normies, an Overwatch mix, I personally don't see it lasting long. The only reason it would is probably because:

1. It's Riot Games.
2. Marketing was... not that bad and hype was extremely built up and peaked... in the pre-release beta.
3. The game is free to play. That model in itself exists for a reason.

But those are just my thoughts.

I dont think it will live up to all the hype it has been getting eventually and I feel like it will die over time

I think it won't die out as quickly as most of us would think, but rather have a somewhat smaller and consistent playerbase

Mechanics are really weird

It's fun, but the comments here make some good points. Maybe they'll improve the game economy?

It's pretty fun, but I still prefer cs

Pretty fun but probably will die like most of the new fps

No. I think it’s too easy and it will be too forced to be the next CSGO that it just never will be.
Already more toxic too

I only play in a squad as its more a team based game than CS so queuing with randoms can be a bit frustrating

ya, games are searched many times longer than a month ago

A hype game, it will die fast in console for sure but maybe the player base in pc is more stagnant i think

I think its overhyped, kinda of died down tbh

I like it tbh, sure it's nothing special but I think it's pretty fun

its much easier than cs so i feel like it will get popular since theres really no barrier to entry

The first couple of games your teammates are terrible that it makes you want to rage quit

[+] 1 user Likes gred farer's post
Running headshots