arrow_upward
Thoughts on kubernetes
Just started experimenting with it and it definitely feels nice in some ways. It's almost like it's own ecosystem within other cloud services. Not sure whether it's worth the complexity, what are people's thoughts?

I think it’s probably not worth it

it's definitely a challenge. It's got nice bits, like being able to spin up containers real easily.

Kubernetes really makes using containers a lot easier. You can spin up or down any amount at any time. If you really want to get into doing development with containers I recommend it.

It's pretty standard in industry. If you are interested in a devops role you will more than likely need to be familiar with it as it's the best way to manage deployment and containers

it definitely seems to be a growing trend. Curious to see if it stays that way

its good but unnecessary if ur building on a modern tech stack (serverless)

If you're looking to do SRE work, kubernetes is something to learn. Yes, there are going to be other services that offer something similar, but there's a reason why so many companies are flocking towards it.. It's new tech and many companies are running some form of containerization like docker. Docker has their own solution which is called Docker Swarm, but I don't think it really ever took off.