arrow_upward
Thoughts on the new Half-Life game? (Half-Life: Alyx)
Im not a big fan of VR but at least we finally have a half life game. Pretty interesting that we get to play as someone else besides Freeman like Opposing Force. Pretty sure that the game was made to sell and gain interest for the Valve Index rather than the game itself.

honestly i'm really not a VR fan so I'm kinda sad that the next Half Life is on VR. However still a little happy there is at least a new Half Life game.

Well see maybe it will bring a new milestone to vr games

I don't like how they put TF2 on hold for it but im glad to see Valve is still making titles and to bring back half life into the limelight is always a good thing. Maybe they're working on a huge update for TF2 who knows Sad

bunnyboy93 Wrote:I don't like how they put TF2 on hold for it but im glad to see Valve is still making titles and to bring back half life into the limelight is always a good thing. Maybe they're working on a huge update for TF2 who knows Sad
lol watch it just be a few hats

I'm pumped, honestly. I know I won't be able to play it for so long because of that VR price gate, but I can't help but be pumped. It's HL baybee!

HL:Alyx and MS Flight Sim 2020 is really urging me to upgrade my pc AND buy an index kit. It's a steep price...but the experience would be unmatched.

marc.doran Wrote:Im not a big fan of VR but at least we finally have a half life game. Pretty interesting that we get to play as someone else besides Freeman like Opposing Force. Pretty sure that the game was made to sell and gain interest for the Valve Index rather than the game itself.
Itll either be the biggest game on VR by a mile or a flop, or maybe both

The new Valve VR stuff got sold out after it was announced so the hype is real at least

Any half-life continuations are good, even if it's a prequel. It's long over-due.

Absolutely unfortunate considering I was almost certain they would release episode 3. Just a huge tease. Really disappointed by the fact that its also ONLY VR. Makes no sense.

Halflifebarista Wrote:Absolutely unfortunate considering I was almost certain they would release episode 3. Just a huge tease. Really disappointed by the fact that its also ONLY VR. Makes no sense.
Valve hasn't made a full single player game since Portal 2. I guess they wanna get some practice before episode 3.

marc.doran Wrote:
Halflifebarista Wrote:Absolutely unfortunate considering I was almost certain they would release episode 3. Just a huge tease. Really disappointed by the fact that its also ONLY VR. Makes no sense.
Valve hasn't made a full single player game since Portal 2. I guess they wanna get some practice before episode 3.
Hope your right because i've played thru halflife 2 about 3 times now. lol

its not half life 3 such a disappointment

I'll definitely play it only to because its a halflife game though

nexusbang Wrote:honestly i'm really not a VR fan so I'm kinda sad that the next Half Life is on VR. However still a little happy there is at least a new Half Life game.
Exactly my thoughts on that

I'm interested if Valve can make it good. It's been so long since we've seen something single-player/story focused from them. I want to be hopeful, but, we'll see.

Honestly looking at the trailer it was way to much. It looks cool as heck but motion sickness is coming on strong

Half Life is awesome regardless of what gets released for it!