arrow_upward
TikTok Users
After I read about TikTok having some data privacy issues I uninstalled the app, but I feel like I have irrational fears that tons of apps on your phone are doing similar things. Do any of you actively still use TikTok?

[+] 1 user Likes red10minutes's post
Somethin about tiktok just rubs me the wrong way to be honest with you. Not only is the whole data thing scary to some people but the content on the platform doesn't even seem all that great. I loved Vine when it first came out and tiktok just doesn't feel the same. Then again Vine's final days weren't great either since a lot of the popular people kinda sold out and basically just made advertisements for whoever

As far as the data goes tho, I'm sure almost all apps collect SOME data and it's snuck into the TOS somewhere, but it shouldn't be too harmful

TikTok’s growth is quite frankly a little scary, but it’s also really fun and the algorithm is damn accurate. It constantly turns out content I like, so I’m not gonna complain.

Not using it myself, but I hate some trends on there but others are really funny and damn creative.

Its a Chinese app and they are known for being less democratic in nature

Some dude reversed engineered the app and found some pretty nasty and intrusive stuff. The worst of them in my opinion being that Tik Tok is able to download and execute any code they see fit whenever they want. Sure, other social media collects data but they are upfront about it and not really hiding their activities.

They will soon find a replacement for tiktok like anything else. This app can die and i couldn't care less.

I dont presonally use it but i do watch some compilations ,tbh i m sure like 90% of apps use ur data so whatever honestly