arrow_upward
Tips for maintaining a work life balance during the pandemic
Really been having a had time this pandemic, any suggestions would be appreciated

[+] 2 users Like pnnrr's post
(15-03-2021, 05:12 PM)pnnrr Wrote: Really been having a had time this pandemic, any suggestions would be appreciated

I had to set hard limits on my time. I get others like the work anytime, but I have a family and don't want calls at 10 PM knowing a few people get up and start work at 5AM. 

No one was really happy but I pointed out I'm keeping the same hours I do during normal work. They couldn't argue that much. Sure I end up working though lunch and I give them a 30-45 minute grace period at the end of my day but I stop taking calls/email/slack/teams what have you at my normal "at home" time.

[+] 1 user Likes mid6000tek's post
Recommend doing things outdoors if possible. I also think it’s important to do mental resets and have certain rooms for certain activities.

Last suggestion, you’re in a small space, then do your best to change how the room feels from work to play. I have different lights I turn on. Anything you can to tell your brain something new is happening.

Need some tips too so bump

I think have a separate place or room inside your house for work is good. It really allows you to separate a work space from your relaxing space