arrow_upward
Tips on becoming better in Basketball?
For all you ballers out there, what are good habits and drills you incorporate in your routine?

I really suck at handles and dribbling.

[+] 2 users Like darlinted's post
I don't really know specific to basketball, but YT has a ton of great resources...also, plain old practice, I think

the big thing is just consistency i think. consistency with practice, and also getting consistency in your performance. once you get something like your shot mechanics consistent you can start tweaking things to make them better

practice practice practice, unfortunately it's really the only way. Also be taller than 6'1 lol

Since your practicing isn't helping that much, use the metric ton of YouTube videos on the subject. Then copy what those videos tell you.
For dribbling: When you're reading, use your weak hand to hold the book, and your strong hand to practice dribbling. Your eyes will be on the book, and hand on the ball. it'll take some time, but you'll get it. And when in front of a basketball hoop, WALK and dribble at the same time. Gotta start slow.
Beyond that, practice shooting from the same static position, until you get it. Then move to the next.
Good luck, anon.