arrow_upward
Upgrade to PS4 Pro. Worth it?
I've been looking to get the PS4 Pro as I'm still playing with the OG 500mb PS4.

I dont have a 4K TV, so I'm looking for opinions from people that made the upgrade and still playing on the pro with 1080p TV's. Is it a big difference in graphics? Less input lag?HDR is worth it?

I have a huge library of games and I constantly have to delete games to make space for new titles due to its limited storage. The 1TB on the PRO looks like the extra space I need.

Also PS5 out In 2020, so dont know if I should just wait.

[+] 2 users Like IPlaya_'s post
Not with the new one dropping next year

Ps4 pro is like ps4 slim with 1tb, because if u don't have a 4k tv u dont see anything diffrent.

Dont worth if u buy ps4 slim 1tb its like ps4 pro

Some games play better but the machine is worth only for 4k... just wait for ps5

I would definitely wait for the ps5 instead

well it'll play some of the newer games coming out in 2020 (before the PS5) a lot better like The Last of Us Part II, I tbh, I dont think it's worth it just wait for the PS5
Once the PS5 is out TLOU2 will be most likely remastered anyway

Before I bought my 4k I had my PS4 Pro connected to my 1080p TV, my reasons behind getting a Pro vs keeping my 1st Gen PS4 500GB.

1. PS4 Pro can do supersampling, the Pro can render 4k and make it fit on your 1080p (minus HDR)
2. PS4 Pro has SATA III and used the full speed of SSD I installed (well if you want to spend for the upgrade)
3. My Gen 1 was on its last leg, it was time to upgrade anyways.

Was it worth it for me? Yes it was.

Believe it or not, i'm still on the PS3. With the PS5 coming out next year, i'm just gonna hold off and wait for that.

classichumour Wrote:Believe it or not, i'm still on the PS3. With the PS5 coming out next year, i'm just gonna hold off and wait for that.
I still use my PS3 Phat, just to play games from all the previous generations of Playstation. It sits right next to my PS4 Pro.

smithjade90 Wrote:
classichumour Wrote:Believe it or not, i'm still on the PS3. With the PS5 coming out next year, i'm just gonna hold off and wait for that.
I still use my PS3 Phat, just to play games from all the previous generations of Playstation. It sits right next to my PS4 Pro.
lol, mine is also the phat version, 60GB. I think it's also backwards compatible, never tried it though

Waiting for the PS5 is also gonna be mine idea if i want a new console or a PC gaming. Waiting for it is worth it and if you have a 4k resolution TV it would be worth getting the slim version.

IMO it is not..

IPlaya_ Wrote:I've been looking to get the PS4 Pro as I'm still playing with the OG 500mb PS4.

I dont have a 4K TV, so I'm looking for opinions from people that made the upgrade and still playing on the pro with 1080p TV's. Is it a big difference in graphics? Less input lag?HDR is worth it?

I have a huge library of games and I constantly have to delete games to make space for new titles due to its limited storage. The 1TB on the PRO looks like the extra space I need.

Also PS5 out In 2020, so dont know if I should just wait.
not worth the money imo

Dude, I would wait for a the next generation consoles (PS5 or Xbox series x) or get a gaming PC.

just like the others wait for ps5

wait for PS5 to release