arrow_upward
Uploading Speed to Share Content
I have a ton of content I'm willing to share yet my Internet upload speeds are awful. This may seem like a pointless question, but is there any way to improve upload speeds or am I forced to abide by what my ISP caps me at? I just uploaded something like 350 MB to Mega and it took close to 20 minutes which is unacceptable considering some video files alone are like 1.8 GB.

Basically capped, just set it and forget it.

(27-03-2021, 04:49 AM)kailar.drevion Wrote: Basically capped, just set it and forget it.

I read up a bit on it and realized that even if I purchased my Internet's fastest speed, uploading is only as fast as 30 MB/s which is still pathetically slow as there truly is no way to achieve that kind of speed. I think right now at the advertised 10 MB/s, I'm uploading only like 300 KB/s. What a joke. Guess it's ISPs way to deter sharing.

I understand now, your issue is a bit different as it could be a myriad of issues that could be reducing your upload speed compared to your paid plan. Search for "Internet Speed Test" and do a speed test if you haven't, I'm presuming you already did unless you meant that was the upload speed to MEGA in which case even if you had max upload speed MEGA still could have slower download speed receiving your file. If you did a speed test then your issue could be bottle-necked by either your wifi adapter or your router, noise on the line to your modem, issues at the pole or plant, or just a congested node. One quick thing you can do is unscrew the cable for a few seconds and screw back in the coax cable on both sides from your wallplate and your modem and make sure both sides fittings are tight, then reboot your modem and see if that fixes your issue. Also you could try uploading during non peak times as well, I'm presuming you did a speed test, if so, you can keep testing at different times to see if that's the issue. But if the problem persists, definitely call your ISP since you're not even getting close to what you're paying for.