arrow_upward
VR - Future, Norm, Where are we headed ?
I'm very curious about peoples current experience in VR.
It really seems like not something that could become desirable as a norm in the future.
How do you guys feel about this and do you believe that in the coming 10/15 years we will see immersive media become the de-facto standard for gaming / entertaimnent ?

I certainly hope so, but I was an early adopter of the first wave of the Oculus Rift CV1. I probably don’t use it as much as I could, but certain seated experiences like racing and flight games are utterly amazing and immersive. More traditional FPS games still have a ways to go, but Skyrim/Fallout 4 VR are certainly very fun to play in VR.

its probably gonna be used for everything at home for the future, i mean what if you want to have a mansion but only have a couple thousand dollars spare?  just buy a vr headset with body trackers and one of those treadmills, then  you have your own mansion or whatever in your living room. I don't think it'll completely replace gaming though due to running a mile with a gun then shooting the gun is a load easier on a controller than in real life, but there will still be people who do. I'm concerned though it may start being plagued with ads like social media nowadays, and personalized ads that collect even more data from you than they do now through eye trackers on the headset, to see if you look at certain ads but not others.

Recently added Oculus Rift S for my iRacing. Incredible experience, I am so sorry I didn't try it earlier. I love it.