arrow_upward
Vaccine Hesitency
What’s the general feeling on here? Will you be likely getting a covid vaccine when available? Is there anyone skeptical/hesitant concerning vaccines?

I’ll be getting one most likely, but interested in what views there are.

When it comes time for me to take the vaccine, I will take it. There hasn't been much news on when I'll be able to get one! I'm not too concerned about the vaccine since it's a combined effort of scientist across the world. I may not be perfect, but it's what we need to enable a herb immunity. Let's just hope covid doesn't rapidly mutate anymore than it has been right now

Considering the negative consequences not only to yourself, but to the community. It's rather selfish for those choosing not to take it

Agreed with above. The sooner we can return to normal life after a reliable vaccine is found, the better.

Yeah, with the recent increase of covid cases, and the need for wearing double masks in some areas, I believe it would be best to get the vaccine as soon as possible. The only problem is that lately people are trying to pay off doctors and nurses so they can get it first. But other than that, your likely to get the vaccine if you call or ask for it.

A few of my family members have already had the vaccine and they've been completely fine. I'm 100% planning on taking it, just gotta wait until my time comes!

yolo ima go with it we all in this together

its for the greater good

Side effects are apparently rarer than a bad case of Covid, and are obviously less taxing. It's a win-win situation.

Just remember that it's only preventing symptoms (which, incidentally, is what kills), not asymptomatic infections. Keep protecting others.

I'll wait a bit on my part because I'm from a very crowded area and a serious shut-in. Thus I feel less problematic when not clogging up the line and letting others, more willing to go out, get it first. But definitely gotta get it at some point.

Honestly, I can see why you would be hesitant to take the vaccine, but the thing is with this COVID-19 one, there are so many firms and so many large businesses including the World Health Organisation working their asses off to create and perfect this, and if you really want to just see how it will pan out, then just see how the US President acts after recieving it.

There is a lot of hesitancy bcoz of the poor transparency, but certain countries there is no other solution inorder to flatten the curve, so its better star some awarenes s campaign where vaccine is sine qua non.

Honestly, I was hesitant because mRNA vaccine technology is new for human vaccination.
From what I understand, mRNA vaccines have been used on animals but not on humans.
However, I had to be intellectually honest with myself.
The upside of not taking the vaccine was not as good as the upside of taking the vaccine.
In other words, I didn't want to be trapped home forever just so I can avoid the potential side effect from the new vaccine technology.
I think it was really my anxiety thinking for me and a year of lock down didn't help my anxiety.
Ideally, I would take Astrazeneca, which uses a more traditional vaccine technology but if mRNA is the only one available, I would take that too.