arrow_upward
Video Games adaptation within Shows and Movies
Any tv shows or movies based on video games that made you interested in playing said games? The Last Of Us was very popular and I was wondering did anyone decided to play the games after watching the tv show.

I played the first game then watched the last of us show until they started going hard on shoving the whole gay agenda stuff in everyone's face - specifically did not play TLOU 2 due to them pushing exactly that. Even if its fun, its not worth sitting through the propaganda.

From my perspective from someone who plays video games, they mostly turn out to be worse than the source material. In most instances, this is because the producers always "dumb it down" a notch or two to make the movie/show appeal to a broader audience. Come to think of it, I haven't seen a single film or TV adaptation that I DO enjoy.

The most recent example of this that I can think off is whatever Wendigoon is doing with the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. film that's being made. Now dont get me wrong, I love Wendigoon and his videos. But it's the perfect example of this "normiefication" that I'm talking about. The game is a very story heavy, lore-rich environment, but they seemingly from the trailers, turned it into a tactical, gravy seals, generic action flick. Really is a shame to have the game be so watered down