arrow_upward
Video game Reviews
When I read the reviews of video game sites i can't trust their opinion, because I often get the impression that they are trying to sell you the game, and not give you a proper review. Before buying a game most of the time I see if someone is playing it on twitch or if there is a gameplay (live) on youtube, in this way I can get an idea about the game, the problem in this case are the spoilers. What do you do before buying a game? Do you have some review sites or influencer trustworthy?

There are definitely game reviewer's out there that offer honest non bias information about tge game as well as providing spoiler protection. I think you're definitely right in being cautious though. I'd hobestly say most of the bigger comanies that offer reviews: IGN etc, should be steered clear of. Plenty of info out there to show they're not the best resource. Skillup does good reviews, they are lengthy though. I've never got the impression of bias or monetised incentives.

[+] 1 user Likes Ballz1337's post
As someone who has worked in advertising you should steer clear of any moderately high subbed channels and also absolutely any company owned channel. Advertising companies make offers to popular YouTube channels on the daily. Most don't get accepted but some certainly do. Try to find smaller channels with people that share your taste in games.

@johnnycotton29 watching (uncut) youtube video or live on twitch, i can see a whole gaemplay, ignoring the influencer's opinion.

Twitch or just take a punt and buy it based on written reviews

I find that Eurogamer’s reviews are often well written and considered.

I always look the gameplay first from streamer or youtuber,then i decide later