arrow_upward
What apps or devices would you recommend for a beginner coder
Because of covid and a lot of free time lately, I have begun to start coding. I've been finding different videos online about what to use and all that, but sometimes they don't interest me. What should I beginner start on?

Well you should really just start coding with Codeblocks/Visual studio in c/c++/python. After that, I’d recommend you to use use visual studio so you can work on your front end skills. Html, css and javascript. Start with html, add css then js. U should also try looking into oracle and databases, sql and .net developing. After that, you must choose your frameworks. Just google what you want and youll be served. Hope i helped

[+] 1 user Likes Blah Ulut's post
Depends on what you want to do. Do you want to do web or software development?
If you don't really know I would recommend python. At the current state it can be used for both web and software development, it's harder to do web dev at least the last time I looked into doing it.

For web development I would learn JavaScript. It can be used for front end and backend (via NodeJS). If you want to do mainly backend I would look into PHP

For software development I started with VB, but I would recommend C if you really want to be any good at software development. Just learning C will teach you a lot about computer.

As for software, VScode is what I would recommend for someone starting out. If you want to opt out of the Microsoft BS get VScodium

Good luck learning to program is quite the journey.

Could join a company that offers training before work actually begins my mate had done this and learnt basic SQL also about project management methodologies

If you want to programm to learn how your PC and OS works try C or C++ if you want to accomplish something in easy code and just want to understand the coding concept try python3.

PyCharm in my experience works best

You could exercise with codeforces or codechef if you’re a beginner and try a little bit of cp

Try building a crawler with python. Write something useful like a script that downloads all the photos of a page and puts them in a folder with a good name. When you start getting good at it, more ideas will come.

Recently started learning python. I'm pretty new too but python's quite easy to learn in my opinion! I think its a good introduction to programming.

I recommend to start with Pycharm on the language Python or JavaScript with Sublime Text/Visual Studio Code

Try practicing with java and if/then statements

Visual Studio Code (with Intellicode, Prettier, and Kite Plugins) + Debian WSL2 is amazing.

+1 for Visual Studio code, coming from atom and visual studio I gotta say its nice to have some of the rich features Visual Studio provided without all the extra code that made it so slow. It is now my go to IDE for writing pretty much any code. I would also recommend messing around with AWS Free tier resources if you are into that sort of thing, very good skill to have now a days and it's free (if you follow their guidelines to avoid charges).

Depends on what projects you want to do:

Website (Frontend) - HTML/CSS/Javascript/Bootstrap
Embedded - C/C++
App (Frontend) - Java or others you should try prototyping it

The best is to try a project that you find very interesting. If you don't have fun learning programming, you probably won't learn anything

Microcontroller work is really cool. A beginner one is called the Arduino uno. You can code sensors that read sound, distance, and even program a RFID (radio frequency identification) which is like the magnetic key fobs you see at the gym to unlock other doors in the world. This device is a lot of fun and has sample code for everything.