arrow_upward
What are some easy intro projects to start mastering Python?
As the title suggests, I'm wondering what would be some simple/easy intro projects to start practicing and mastering Python?

I've seen people recommend using Django and Flask for web based stuff, but I don't really have anything in mind that I want to build.

What do you recommend as some intro projects? I've seen a few recs for text-generator type apps but I'm not really sure where to begin.
Please like, reply, and give credits! Smile

RE: What are some easy intro projects to start mastering Python?.

Registered Members Only

You need to be a registered member to see more on RE: What are some easy intro projects to start mastering Python?.
Login or Sign up to get access to a huge variety of top quality leaks.

Think of some helpful tool for one of your hobbies. An online calculator to figure out wood measurements for woodworking, or some tool to plan your stats in an RPG or whatever. Then do it.

Every time i want to learn something new i build a simple TODO List app. 

This way you can learn the frontend stuff, api and CRUD methods

[+] 1 user Likes rcwuklhneabnhcgpqi's post
For diving deep into python, I would recommend not gettting into web apps but doing things all at the command line. Start writing scripts that help you automate your daily life. Web scrapers, text analysis, a text based game?

[+] 1 user Likes goodgir1fan's post
Post above me is right. Python is great to simplify things you already do.

Is Python your first programming language?

If so, I agree with goodgir1fan and Conquistadora and start with simple automation to get your feet wet. Once you have your initial app/script written, test it in the wild and ask your self "how can I make it better?". Challenge yourself to delve into topic you might not be familiar with like concurrency, http requests, I/O interactions, database queries, etc. 

Best of luck! Smile

OpenCV is available for python, there's beautifulsoup for web scraping, TKinter is how you can render windows, PyQT5 is a bit advanced...

Async functions are a bit of a pain to wrap the head around, but they can be useful. I'd say look things up that you're interested in and start making, you're going to learn more from making something you want to make versus following a set of suggested projects.

I think "mastering" python for simply be able to state "I mastered python" is the wrong way to look at it.

First of all, there is no simple project to "master" python - Also, imho, there is no way to "master" python anyway, since python is usually always used with libraries which can be very different and where every library has it own goal - Like, let's say you get into data science, than you'd use pandas - But what if data science isn't your field of interest, since it's basically statistics with computers, and you want to analyze pictures: Then you'd use OpenCV

The real "simple" intro projects are those, where you have some interest in it - It might be too much for your skill level now, but that's kinda the goal: You should push your boundaries and as such reach a new level.

If you want to simply learn programming, my personal tip would be: Learn the core-basics which are the same in nearly any language (i.e. any tutorial), and after you've mastered these: Program some algorithms and data structures. The brilliance behind this approach is: You'll learn the right way to think, with a lot of possible solutions offered online (e.g. "how to bubble sort in python" will _always_ give you a result) and you will learn some very important internals of the language you are using (e.g. how do arrays/lists work, how to use functions/methods, etc)

Have fun, and good luck!

gonna sound stupid but Khan Academy has some great stuff

[+] 2 users Like John Bentza's post
a raspberry pi

I say learn Flask, it's simple but there are lots of great tutorials and you can follow along without having to learn Python without any use for it.

personally i had a lot of fun programing a bot to play tic tac toe > checkers > chess. tic tac toe and checkers is a lot easier to program since they are "solved games" (you can just look up solutions in a table) but chess is too complicated for that strat to work. Instead you have to make an algorithm that can look ahead a few steps to find an "optimal" move based on a point system (like moving up the board is worth a point, taking a piece is worth two, putting the opponent in check is worth three and so on). you run into some really neat concepts while learning some basics about the language