arrow_upward
What are some weird family traditions that you've seen or heard of?
Now this is going to come off wrong but I knew this family who used to kiss anyone they know on the mouth. They even used to kiss one another on the mouth before leaving.

Quote: Now this is going to come off wrong but I knew this family who used to kiss anyone they know on the mouth. They even used to kiss one another on the mouth before leaving.
Old school families did that. That's more a 19th century thing, so you're seeing an old tradition there.

The only weird family traditions I know of (aside from the weird shit Orthodox Jews do) have to do with Royals, and they have some "traditions" that you can't really talk about because these "traditions" get into what we commoners call criminal activity.

I guess this is old, but, hunting turkey for Thanksgiving out in the wild. Wild turkey!

I had a friend whose entire house was full of live chickens, so that was weird

Quote: I guess this is old, but, hunting turkey for Thanksgiving out in the wild. Wild turkey!
Wait... hunting for your own food? In the real world?! Unpossible!
(But Wild Turkey sounds good for a drink right now.)

Quote: I had a friend whose entire house was full of live chickens, so that was weird
There's an anon that posted to /b/ about how he had a cow in his house, and that's how he got his milk. There was shit EVERYWHERE. Even on the walls.

Warming up beer before drinking it. A family I know will have bonfires at their house and put the beers need enough to the fire that they will get warm to the touch before drinking them.