arrow_upward
What are your thoughts on cancel culture?
I personally think that cancel culture has gone too far since people are getting indiscriminately cancelled left and right for things in their past that they would never consider doing today. Things always get dicey when people are allowed to play judge, jury, and executioner.

It is way to toxic, some are understandable but man, it sure gets crazy sometimes

tough question honestly, it has its advantages and drawbacks to be honest. Dodgy

cancel culture needs to be cancelled

Not the biggest fan per se, but of course context matters

I think it is going too far sometimes. The worst part is that when it goes too far, it takes the spotlight off the people who actually need the attention.

I think it's gotten out of hand, although it is funny to see when it starts to backfire on people. Like when public figures or media personalities who "tow the party line" are discovered to have made a vaguely racist tweet 7 years ago that someone saved. Or when it comes out that they did "blackface" in the past. That would end most people's careers, but somehow Canadian PM Turdeau got it swept under the rug.

cancel culture is stupid

its really really dumb

so stupid, i just think everyone is too offended by everything now and doesn't take it for what it is

i think cancel culture is dumb, some people make genuine mistakes and to push it super far makes no sense

I just want Louie CK back in my life

In moderation, it's good. But every day it feels like there's a new #XIsOver hashtag trending and then...nothing happens.

There's a lot of virtue signalling that goes on

absolutely fucking hate it and the worst thing is there's no range for what you can be cancelled for. Someone like Bill Cosby who raped multiple women gets cancelled and deservedly so, but then someone like Aziz Ansari who simply had a bad date gets cancelled as well for something not even in the same ballpark

cancel the cancel culture ;p