arrow_upward
What coding language should a first timer start learning ?
I started on javascript

[+] 1 user Likes MrBlack187's post
It all depends on what you plan to do with your programming. If you want to build websites, something like HTML/CSS + Javascript is a good place to start. For scripts and actual programs you could start with learning Python/Java then move into more Object Oriented Programming.

Hello,

Dont start with python first it will make harder to move on new one later.

Maybe go with C++, Java or Go.

+

I think python is the way to go , but also I would conclude using C# that one is pretty good and kind of gives more of a guideline of others languages

I started with Java, huge community so it's easy to find help

I got into programming with c# because it was the first course in my college, but if I could go back I would start way earlier with phyton. It is the main language that I use today

[+] 1 user Likes john welling's post
JS if you want to get into web i believe. otherwise I started with python

Python is typically the easiest to learn and has functions that are very similar to real life speech, typically thing just make sense. Python is also receiving a whole load of innovation, especially in the machine learning front, in recent times but this all depends on what you really need to create. Unless it's just a beginner course, then I'll still recommend Python.

I think Python is not a bad choice, but it may depend in your goals.
If you want to do web you may try javascript, html, php, css, play around, if you want to make games you might want to try c#

[+] 1 user Likes biscuit_2342's post
Python and Javascript are great and easy to set up. I started with C++/C which I don't think was the best. Java is good for a good starting language too.

ruby! ruby is a super fun language and ruby onn rails is an extremely effective framework for delivering web applications

Python is a very good option. I would recommend reading the book Head First Python

I recommend python if you're absolutely new.

C++ is also great, but definitely a bit more brutal imo. You'll need to learn how to program, as in mindset and the logical thinking, but then deal with more rigid syntax, compiling, and more.

Those aren't bad things, but python is easier to jump into and start messing around with, imo.