arrow_upward
What coding language should a first timer start learning ?
First of all, hope everyone reading this has had a great and safe new year's eve.

I've been meaning to get into coding for a while now but I just don't know where to start! So as a complete newcomer, which coding language would you recommend me based on complicity and versatility ?
Thank you to everyone taking the time to read this Smile

I recomeded python.

[+] 1 user Likes dudtn8858's post
Yes Python is a great choice for a first language. It is interpreted meaning you don't need to compile your code everytime, and it's very flexible. You can get nice results pretty quickly.

Python is, hands down, THE choice.

I think Python is not a bad choice, but it may depend in your goals.
If you want to do web you may try javascript, if you want to make games you might want to try c#
So what are you trying to do?

I learned the fundamentals for programming by learning c++ but I agree python is a pretty good starting point.

javascript if you wanna get into web dev

Python, is great to start with and you can do some really cool stuff with it.

Well it depends on what you want to do. Since we are in a n age where Webservices/Webapplications are getting mire popular you could take a look at Javascript. The reason for this is quite simpe. With Javascript you are able to develop the Frontend and the Backend of your Webapp.
My recommendation for beginners would be Angular for Frontend and Nodejs for Backend. Since you only need to lern one language it could be the most convenient way for beginners

Python for sure, although C# is good too. Python is easier tho.

I've heard Python is good for starters and it seems like this forum support it.

I personally started off with basic C# in console window, its pretty fun and interesting and a good gateway into game design if that's your thing!

I suggest you start with python, the syntax is very easy to read and intuitive so you should have no problem learning the programming logic.

probably python or c++, both a have solid community and there are plently guides and tutorials for newcomers.

python is great for starters nowadays, but consider learning C a lot of other programming languages are c-like (javascript, c# ecc). don't stick only to python, first of all you have to learn how to program, then you'll be able to adapt to every programming languages Big Grin

Id say javascript but that is only because i have no experience about python and i am thinking to try it myself Big Grin.

Like everyone else, I’d agree with python. Java also isn’t a bad option. It’s what I first learned in college

python or javascript tbh

Python to get an idea then if you want to make a career out of it consider c c# c++ java

I started with java but python is definitely a good option