arrow_upward
What do you do when depressed?
I've been struggling with depression and am wondering what any of you do to help.

Talk to someone if you can. Vent online.

Check out 7cups (website) or "Kind Words (lo fi chill beats to write to)" (game). Both offer pretty nice ways to get anonymous conversations with strangers with the intent of giving each other emotional support.

yeah i just think what itd be like if i killd meself

Heavy question. Hope it gets better for you.

Check out hyperbole and a half. She has an interesting spin on it.

i just jerk my feelings away

I do this but I try to find new people to play video games with, usually takes my mind off of things for a few hours. Find people with different time zones so if youre up late and cant sleep you can just kinda play with anyone at any time

60hziscool Wrote:i just jerk my feelings away
Always a solid option no matter the mind state. But if you are really in a bad place you should probably find someone to talk to.

i would try to do something i enjoy or eat i enjoy. talk to friends about it

Just remember what you do have and try to focus on making your life better for you. Dedicate your time towards yourself for a while to see if that can help.

It's a part of your life that you have to understand, why you going through it.

Play some games

figure out a way to be productive (paid or unpaid work, volunteering, working out), find something to keep you accountable (getting a job, a pet, a girlfriend), be social (get out of the house as much as you can and try to be in the presence of others) i personally haven't felt depressed but have had lows and these things helped or i imagine would have helped

Bradapple Wrote:I've been struggling with depression and am wondering what any of you do to help.
i blast music and then put on some standup comedy on youtube and that helps a lot

Bro, I suffered from it and I just slept all day. Try to do something you enjoy, if it gets bad, see a doctor and potentially get some medication for it. That helped me a lot.

Be safe, you are loved and cared about by many.

You've got to get yourself up and out, especially when you don't feel like it. It's cliche but getting outside in the air, in the light helps, as opposed to sitting in a dingy room with no contact to anyone.

Talk to people about it, anyone. If you feel you need to talk to a doctor, antidepressants can be really helpful.

maybe find a community online that you fit in, I noticed that it really helps

Throw my trainers on and go for a good run.

Talk to someone about it, like a therapist if possible. Get out of the house and do things, interact with people. Go out in the sun and walk.

Occupy the mind, take small steps to doing things. You may not feel like going out today why not tidy your room or go downstairs do something different. Heck even change your room around I feel like depression get's worse when you are alone and you have nothing to do and your mind is constantly going to them thoughts. If you parents are going out? Why not say hey mind if I come with, just do something different once again you could go to a therapist but i am not sure what it's like where you live. Over here there is like easy a 6+ month waiting line to see one.