arrow_upward
What do you think about subscription based gaming vs complete?
There are things like the Xbox Gamepass where you subscribe monthly to play many many games and you don't own them. Vs buying a completely game which is $70-80 nowadays. I've been playing a lot of games through subscription instead, I think when I pay $80 for a game, I feel almost obligated to play/finish it even though it's not enjoyable. What do you guys prefer?

I think for game that are constantly being updated.  OPTIONAL subscriptions(i.e. battle passes) are fine.  Especially if the game is already f2p.  

Examples of this include league, genshin, Destiny 2. Where yeah you don't need to get the battle pass but you'll be missing out on a lot of you don't.

So long as subscriptions/battle pass rewards remain cosmetic and don't give players who get the subscription advantages to make the game pay-to-win.  I'm ok with subscriptions.

In my opinion a subscription based service only makes sense for big publishers that give you every game for it even newly released games and f2p games that give you pretty good value for

Subscriptions only make sense if there is enough consistent content to justify it. Otherwise, I prefer a single purchase of the game. Free games with optional "battle passes" or in-game currency for cosmetics is a great game model though.

I like the idea of subscription based games for cosmetics as long as they are free to play. But I do miss that grind mentality to unlock special items.

I think being subscribed to games with a game pass is fine. I think people bought games because it used to be the only option to play the game when they wanted or they wanted to own it, but to be honest a lot of games we finish and never pick up again.

I prefer pay once get all but subscription based is understandable for when you wanna keep the game updated with new stuff also online makes a big deal