arrow_upward
What do you think of UEFA Nations League ?
Do you think it's an improvement for the european national football ? Do you think it can become a competition that really counts ?

Aside from the fact that you get to see real international team games more often which is great, it feels like a sub competition compared to the Euro. It lacks of intensity, there is no stake, there is no thrill. If you win that's good, but if you don't whatever. Winning 5 nations league will never have the impact of winning Euro cup.

I personally think it's a waste of time, but many seem to not share my sentiment. I think, in the current situation and circumstances, international matches shouldn't be held. Look at most clubs' schedule right now. For example, in the Prem, teams have league matches  during the weeknd, then midweek they have CL/EL, also you have the cup matches being held too. This takes a toll on the players, and evidently you can see the effect that pressure has on the players. Many players are getting injured, and for teams with little to offer in terms of squad depth, they're having to pay the price.

I do like that I get to see more international matches, however I never feel any sense of nerves when watching it, like I would in another competition. I don't think it's that important, but I don't see a reason to remove it. We get to watch more international matches and it allows the teams to practice together more for when a big competition comes up.

it's kinda meeh

The nations league was ment as an alternative for the iternational friendlies and it has been that. Makes the international breaks a bit less boring. But now they have the nations league they still continue to play international friendlies for some reason. I mean its fun to see your nation play but with the nations league promotion or demotion system also being so complicated, I dont really see the added value of having it.

Boring since the games are just friendlies.

Yea just seems like an excuse to make friendlies seem competitive

As it is just an alternative to friendlies (which still happen now and then, oddly enough), it brings no excitement and makes little sense to me this season, but UEFA really pushed for it, so here we are...

I think the format is good. however, the winner should be guaranteed to qualify at EURO or FIFA World Cup.

Need to poatpone it for this year due to covid, putting players at risk. There is also just too many matches and tournaments going on. Should only be domestic league and champions league.