arrow_upward
What e-reader / kindle device do you recommend?
i like the kindle oasis

Super cheerioss

I have a kindle and I recommend it

Kindle Fire is all I really need tbh. I used to just read everything with an app on my Nexus but the Fire is a bit more convenient.

I have both the kindle paperwhite and an old HDX. Generally if you were just to use it for reading I would recommend something basic like the paperwhite or the Kobo. If you want something a bit more versatile then either a Fire or Galaxy Tab would be your best bet. Your able to use them for streaming and light android gaming aswell. The colourscreens and wide document format also help if your using then to browse textbooks.

Kindle fire just like the others have suggested

Kinle fire is the best!

paperwhite is all u need

Not an e-reader per se but if you want a completely open-source device, think about a Pinebook. The original 11" version is compact enough to use an e-reader and is 100% open source software and hardware.

The kindle paperwhite has a nice book-like feel to it.

I have two kindles, one Kobo and an ancient PRS 505. The thing about ebook readers is they almost never go bad, its just the battery that gets screwed. I would reccomend getting a second hand kindle paper white or keyboard.

kindle fire

Samsung galaxy is pretty good for its price

Remarkable

thankxxxxxxxxxxxyou

an ipad is really good with the pen functionality for inking

Just bought a Kindle Voyager from someone (second hand). It's slightly better than the paperwhite that came out that year and it's been amazing for me so far. If you get one be sure to turn airplane mode on unless you need it to be online for something. Wifi kills the battery on these things. Also if you are uploading your own epubs or mobi files be sure to get the Calibre program.

Kobo over most, better to have non-drm books than those with drm and having to remove it before you can add it to the device. Most older Kobos can be picked up cheap and have the OS modified if you need the extra mods.
Kobo H2O is my goto has adjustable light and is a good quality unit.

I have a Kindle, but I am tempted to go with a Kobo for my following one.

Reason being: to load books obtained from somewhere else than Amazon, you need to use a tool like Calibre to convertm ost formats. However on Kobo the format support is much wider, plus you are able to install some open-source readers that you cant on Kindle unless you jailbreak it.

Calibre works best for most ebooks