arrow_upward
What e-reader / kindle device do you recommend?
Hello, this is my first thread, so I hope im not breaking any rule.

I want to buy a new e-reading device and i dont know if theres to much of a difference between the amazon kindle ones or cheaper devices I found online, what do you all recommend?

If you want to access the amazon store or kindle unlimited(its worth it.), you need a kindle. Otherwise you can get a kubo reader for cheaper and they are actually better readers and then pirate everything.

kindle fire is great!

kindle fire is one of the best

I'd recommend kindle fire, use it all the time

I splurged on a kindle Oasis for the softer red light. I really think it helps with sleep, but people seem to vary in how sensitive they are to it. If you're rtying to get more reading it, I think it makes sense to splurge, but it depends on your budget and your priorities.

It's also worth checking if Amazon has a deal with public libraries in your country. For insance, in Canada, you can't get library books on Kindle, but you can on Kobo.

But if you're pirating, it's not hard to change from the standard epub format to the kindle-frindly mobi format; just get the Calibre software.

The kindle fire is literal fire!

Get an iPad on discount or Kobo on discount. Kindle is like an in between but I'd get it without the annoying Amazon targetting 

Paperwhite is great, but with Oasis you can change the color temperature. If you don't care about color temperature, then get the Paperwhite.

Does the Kindle DX still offer free internet forever? That was pretty sweet. I gave mine away.

I see people recommending the Kindle Fire. I have one, and unless you root it, and change out the ROM for a custom one, I wouldn't buy one. Sure, they're affordable, but they are limited compared to other tablets. Personally, I absolutely love my Samsung Galaxy Tab A. It's fast, it's got full access to the Google play store, and not a proprietary store with limited choices. Go with a 10 inch Samsung. You can't go wrong with one of them!

If you want to actually read, get a paperwhite. If you want a tablet I'd recommend just reading on your phone tbh, worked for me for years.

get the kindle oasis, a bit more pricey but it's worth

Depends what you want out of the device. If you want an all rounder with apps and stuff go for a reader based on Android OS. However if you want it just purely for reading a kindle will suffice. They can also be jailbroken to remove adds if it has any. Also because of the tech many people report less eye strain and what not.

The paperwhite is pretty great for reading in glare. But the kindle fire is nice if you want a glossy color screen to do other things, besides just be an e-reader.

[+] 1 user Likes mkelse's post
Quote:

Yes I agree, the Kindle Paperwhite is a great device. Smile

in my experience it depends on how much you will be using it and your budget - i think paperwhite is a great value for what you get, but I recently bought the oasis and love it as it has got me reading loads more with how pleasnat the experience is, expensive though

People actually have dedicated e-readers?

kindle fire is great like everyone said

kindle has cloudsync and you can use calibre to convert your books to the format