arrow_upward
What food is overrated?
Having been around the world, I would definitely say wagyu/kobe beef. For the price it isn't all that extravagant. I've been to 3 Michelin starred restaurants, and it's mostly for the art than anything.

Peeps. Fuck Peeps man...

Idk if they are actually overrated but I have a hatred for the marshmallow ducks lmao

[+] 1 user Likes Frankp33's post
How something is cooked and what it's paired with greatly affects my opinion of it, so I don't think I could make such a sweeping generalization of a type of food like wagyu. By the way, "wagyu" tells you nothing about the quality of the beef. All Japanese beef is wagyu beef, that's the type of cow. However, not all wagyu beef is graded at A5, nor is it all from the same part of the cow.

Anyways, the only way I'd be able to say something is overrated is if it comes from a particular restaurant, and is generally prepared the same way(although, again, how well it's cooked matters). Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich comes to mind. It's a decent sandwich as far as fast food goes, but I don't think it's any better than something like Chic-Fil-A.

Any McDonald's food. People it eat like they're out of food.

Lobster, at least for the cost. Crab is simply superior

Popeyes is overrated. My dad loves it but the rest of the family couldnt care less

pickles for sure

cavier is overrated to be honest
its just fish eggs