arrow_upward
What is Better? 2x 4TB disk, or 1x 8TB disk?
As in the title, What is Better? 2x 4TB disk, or 1x 8TB disk? Dont say about RAID or anything like that. I do backup on external drive. I want 8TB but dont know whats better to buy.

If your 8tb fails you lose everything. I'd get two 4tbs if they cost the same and I had enough sata ports for them.

[+] 1 user Likes cockboy69's post
Two 4tbs is better for me personally

[+] 1 user Likes Haashi's post
get 2 4tb drives. obviously if you have to transfer data between the 2 then that's something you have to deal with, but it's prolly better in the long run. At

Two will be better in case one of them broke you dont 100% of you data

[+] 1 user Likes ElGrandeBichou's post
Two 4TB for sure. It's just nice to have two different drives.

[+] 1 user Likes Cyberpvnk's post
I would agree with this post honestly. Very insightful!

[+] 1 user Likes Komic Ulrich's post
1 x 8TB for me!

[+] 1 user Likes bleahz4's post
2x4TB. But if it's only for backups I would consider buying a cloud-based storage subscription. You will never lose your data and the price is more or less the same.

[+] 1 user Likes axel2354's post
2 x 4tb gives you more flexibility.  They are so easy to remove and install in back of laptop.

[+] 1 user Likes ksgdfsHHHLsnaiskh's post
get two 4tb drives, you well have faster time transferring data, If you using SSD as your primary drive

[+] 1 user Likes bradfh's post
2x4GB is way more cost effective

[+] 1 user Likes spammingf's post
In case something happens, maybe you might not want to put all your eggs in one basket

[+] 1 user Likes hakimdes's post
2 4TB. You'll have less chance of losing your entire data in case of accidental mishaps, also depending on how speedy your disk is, 2 or more physical disks/partitions shall give you better performance.

[+] 1 user Likes Meme56's post
If you want speed then get 2 and put them in some sort of raid configuration

[+] 1 user Likes Johnlocke1987's post
OK thx all, but how with the loud and temperature of the disks? 1 x 8tb or 2 x 4tb or no difference?