arrow_upward
What is going to be the mainstream social media platform a few years from now?
As more time passes, it looks like Twitter is seemingly the chosen one. I don't use twitter personally, but it's the only one that seems to have proven itself longevity wise and is the one that is always in the spotlight. I and many others mainly used Instagram for general social media and most younger people still do, but Twitter seems to be grabbing more and more people as they get involved in internet culture. Snapchat was the thing in my generation for like 5 years but it seems that snapchat gets less and less relevant as time goes on. Instagram and Twitter seem to be the main ones that are going to remain popular, though most people that have Twitter also have an active Instagram whereas most people who have an Instagram probably don't have an active Twitter account. On a internet and celebrity perspective, Twitter seems to be the poppin place where most headlines and controversy arrives, but most average people tend to use Instagram mainly, but the really young seem to be heading to Twitter more and more. Thoughts? Will one eventually reign over the other, or will they coexist in a mutually beneficial symbiosis as they have in the past decade or so

[+] 1 user Likes skrrskrr02's post
I think if anything it will be less centralized

I think it'll be Tiktok. What kids use these days usually ends up being the next mainstream thing

nowadays whichever gets the most attention is the next mainstream media

I think companies like facebook seem old and outdated, but they are so established that they can probably buy up and incorporate smaller new companies (like snapchat and instagram). I think facebook, twitter, and instagram will continue to be the mainstream social media platforms.