arrow_upward
What is the best way to get into programming on your own?
If someone came up to you and asked you what is the best way to get into programming on their own. What would you tell or ask them? What their goal is? How far the want to take their education? Etc. etc?

back in my time videos aren't really that popular. but i'd say that books & pdfs are far better than video since they tackle all the aspects & explain really well whats this & what's that . not to mention the pacing for books is unlimited unlike videos where you just basically being programmed to make this a certain way when there's a lot of approach when it comes to programming

well, I got into programming a few years ago and I started with youtube videos. For me it is the best way to start learning it todays days if you dont want to spend money on it Smile

One of the best ways is to pick up a project you are passionate about and try to deploy your programming skills against it.

I think a good way to start on programming is to make projects that you're interested in or want to build as a self-challenge, depending on your knowledge level. First start with the basic programming logic, and soon you'll catch yourself thinking "hmm, I could do 'this' with what I just learned". Making simple things with javascript and a browser is a good start, and in no time you will be able to make simple games and web pages.

As you progress, always try to challenge yourself in order to force yourself to learn new things by aiming more complex personal projects.

I got into programming by solving problems at Codewars and Leetcode.

I started with Learn-C, which is a free website with a pretty decent tutorial for begginers. After that, I'd look for W3Schools, who also have lessons for HTML, JavaScript and the like.

i want to learn coding myself, any goals are fine. whether u wanna learn more things, having passion for computer science, or even web developing, theyre all just common goals of most people. i wanna learn python and javascript myself lol

1. 50% time for learning and 50% time for fun
2. set goals and evaluate progress every week
3. keep building
4. master algo and data structure

The only real way that will get you going is to have project you are passionate about.

If there is something you REALLY want to do, you won't have questions like this, you will just go and do it - because you will enjoy coming closer and closer to your project.

Main thing here is being able to break up your project into smaller things and start achieving them from small steps or parts of it.

Norte idea soy nuevo

I'd say just know what you want to try, and go with it. Learn about the basics, then research how to do exactly what you want. Eventually you'll be able to branch out and learn more and more.

I think a good way to start on programming is to make projects that you're interested in or want to build as a self-challenge, depending on your knowledge level. First start with the basic programming logic, and soon you'll catch yourself thinking "hmm, I could do 'this' with what I just learned". Making simple things with javascript and a browser is a good start, and in no time you will be able to make simple games and web pages.

As you progress, always try to challenge yourself in order to force yourself to learn new things by aiming more complex personal projects.

[+] 1 user Likes biscuit_2342's post
read books! It's the best way to get a solid knowledgment about all things, not only programming

use libgen and search thing like "best books about python 2021"

You can also check openclassrooms.com

Learn a Programming Language, build Projects, research stuff you dont know or dont understand. Profit.

SMall projects

Try to build something and just look everything up, thats the best way to learn.