arrow_upward
What programming language do you use and what made you choose it over the others?
I am curious as to how people picked up a language and why they are sticking with it.

The for langauges I've been using the most lately are javascript/typescript, java, c++ and c#.
I picked up javascript/typescript to work on websites and browser extensions and now also use it for other projects as it is really easy to quickly throw together something that works in it.
I mostly use java when working on projects that involve more complex graphics as I find it pretty convenient compared to the other languages I know.
I use c++ mostly when I need to access the win32 api.
I also recently started using c# since it is very convenient for .net development.

It depends. I do alot of terminal projects and here I use python/java. Python is so easy and because it is so wide and known you can always find solutions to your problems. Same with Java, however I find it more complex than python.

When I do web development I use php, laravel, js. Wide and well known languages who are easy to get started with.

Python , since it works for most of my needs.
Used java and golang as well

Mostly javascript and a proprietary version of java for corporate IT stuff