arrow_upward
What's the weirdest thing you've done while your mind was on autopilot?
Shamelessly taking the idea from a Reddit post, but answers were so funny and individually personal.

Once I sort of sleep walked part my school routine while living in student housing. The main door of the apartment locked itself when it closed. I stepped out in the hallway, then snapped conscious when the have door slammed behind me...in my briefs! I had to go to the front desk to be let back in at 1 AM

[+] 2 users Like Aguy83's post
Dorm stories are always the best. You see so much shit there!

I think my weirdest was driving to a job that I no longer had. Hell if I knew how I got there. It's crazier when you wake up and realize that you have no idea how you got into the car to begin with, much less the drive.

[+] 2 users Like olichan12's post
Just dumb stuff like taking my exit for work when I'm driving somewhere else, or putting tea leaves in the coffee maker because the tea was sitting where the coffee usually is.

[+] 1 user Likes harrytheheir's post
There is a very childish and silly sentence that my friend and I say when we discover we did something wrong. One day my manager at an old job was explaining a mistake that I made and I abruptly said that stupid sentence. I still cringe everytime I remember that situation.

Only thing I can of is walking into a wall

[quote] Only thing I can of is walking into a wall [/quote}
Just like how people walk into their sliding glass back door because they can't tell it's closed.

Walked into a glass window at work once because I could've sworn an open door was there.