arrow_upward
What style of VR do you think we will get?
Do you think we will get full dive VR like in Sword Art Online, or do you think we are gonna go more down the route of Ready Player One. I think it's more likely for the latter as we already have made omni-directional treadmills and haptic feedback suits. I feel like it's more likely that we will have improved versions of these before something like fulldive can be experienced.

[+] 1 user Likes reptar4's post
I dunno about full dive though that'd be sweet if we did
I'll just be happy for full body motion tracking and/or gloves at this point. Controllers are fun but really a glove that can give feedback would be amazing for VR

Def hope we get full dive fr would be the coolest
Treadmill shit seems too expensive

Full dive seems not doable with how little we understand the detailed pathways of hour brain. We have to train a bot, a separate computer and a human being for hours/days to achieve a few jerky movements from a robot arm. If it happens... hardly in our lifetime.

Tool-assisted VR is the way to go right now. But that won't be for everybody. If simply because half the people have tiny enough homes that they can't even enjoy basic VR without knocking something down.^^ Omni-treadmills and the like won't be "a thing" as far as commercial use goes.

For now, I'm interested in haptic feedback. Gloves with machinery that blocks your fingers when you "touch" something, etc. Posses questions about how realistic/secure it should be but that's the next step, and it's a bigger one that people think it is.