arrow_upward
What the hell is Critical Race Theory anyways?
Why does it matter??

In case people do not know what this is, I also didn't know:

Critical race theory (CRT) is an academic movement of civil-rights scholars and activists in the United States who seek to critically examine the law as it intersects with issues of race and to challenge mainstream liberal approaches to racial justice.[ Critical race theory examines social, cultural and legal issues as they relate to race and racism.

Critical race theory originated in the mid-1970s in the writings of several American legal scholars, including Derrick Bell, Alan Freeman, Kimberlé Crenshaw, Richard Delgado, Cheryl Harris, Charles R. Lawrence III, Mari Matsuda, and Patricia J. Williams.It emerged as a movement by the 1980s, reworking theories of critical legal studies (CLS) with more focus on race. Both critical race theory and critical legal studies are rooted in Critical Theory, an approach to social theory established by members of the Frankfurt School, which argues that social problems are influenced and created more by societal structures and cultural assumptions than by individual and psychological factors.

Critical race theory sees racism as systemic and institutional, rather than just a collection of individual prejudices. It also views race as a socially constructed identity[6] which serves to oppress non-white people.[8] The theory emphasizes how racism and disparate racial outcomes can be the result of complex, changing and often subtle social and institutional dynamics, rather than explicit and intentional prejudices by individuals.[6] In the field of legal studies, critical race theory emphasizes that merely making laws colorblind on paper may not be enough to make the application of the laws colorblind; ostensibly colorblind laws can be applied in racially discriminatory ways.[9] Intersectionality – which emphasizes that race can intersect with other identities (such as gender and class) to produce complex combinations of power and disadvantage – is a key concept in critical race theory.

Academic critics of critical race theory argue that it relies on social constructionism, elevates storytelling over evidence and reason, rejects the concepts of truth and merit, and opposes liberalism. Since 2020, conservative lawmakers in the United States have sought to ban or restrict critical race theory instruction along with other anti-racism programs. Critics of these efforts say the lawmakers have poorly defined or misrepresented the tenets and importance of critical race theory and that the goal of the laws is to silence broader discussions of racism, equality, social justice, and the history of race.

So its something good to look into.  Why so much negativity around it?

There's a lot of negativity around it because some in America don't want to recognize our past and the way it affects the present. It's not all roses and sunshine & that makes some feel very uncomfortable. Beyond that, it is being turned into a culture issue for political campaigns. For example Florida's Gov recently signed a bill saying it must not be taught while the same article said no K-12 schools in Florida are even teaching it.

First World Country requires First World Problems.

Wow!  I guess its the same as evolution being taught in schools....hmmm that sounds like another thread i need to make!

In short: Critical Race Theory is white man bad, all other races good. It's Communist thought dressed as racial "healing", which actually serves to divide us. What unites the USA is that we are all Americans. This serves to divide us, and to balkanize the USA into mulitple ethnic groups.

The Soviets divided and conquered Russia by exploiting the differences between the economic classes, combined with massive amounts of violence, murder, and disarming of the people. But they couldn't figure out how to conquer us, as their propaganda didn't work. China realized that we don't divide on economic classes like Euros, but by race. So they and their Communist lackeys here in the USA created CRT to divide us. Add in the violence by BLM and Antifa, and the attempts at disarming the public going through the current Federal and State governments, and you have a Communist Revolution being attempted here.

I do need to add: Those that propagate CRT state that whites were the cause of slavery. During the days of the slave trade coming to the Americas, 100% of slave ships were owned by Jews. About 75% of slaves in the American South were owned by Jews. Nearly 25% were owned by other blacks. Approximately 0.05% of slaves were owned by actual Whites. Remember that.

[+] 1 user Likes olichan12's post
I just dont think that is correct

I wrote a 6000 word essay on CRT in University. I had to apply to to the University Senate to have my assignment marked. So you can probably guess my stance on it.

The premise of CRT is rather unscientific. This is because the premise relies solely on ad hominem arguments to strengthen it's premise as fact. I'll give you an example:

• Non-people of colour do not experience racism because they are the perpetrators of it.
Let's break this down:

1. [White people] Never experience hatred, prejudice or violence against them because of there skin.
  2. [White people] Regardless of their conscious views or behaviours; participate, contribute or protect elements of society which project violence and hatred towards POC.
So, element (1) from an absolute perspective is false and rather a racist comment to make against anyone, irrespective of their skin.
Further to element (1) it fails as a matter of logic. Consider this analogy "You are overweight because you are obese". Academics use complex language to try and escape the rules of logical fallacies but amongst scholars outside of their realm they are heavily scrutinized.

Simply, you cannot argue the existence of the fact by relying on evidence that a fact exists.

Racism exists but to teach people that they are racist simply for attributes beyond their control and group members is shaming, abusive and racist. The Geneva convention specifically outlines collective or ethnic punishments.

Imagine telling a group of nomadic people who move from place to place that they are violent savages just because.

All in all, CRT is the latest charitable scam. First it was Third-World Charities, then Feminist Charities and now it is Woke Culture Charities.

I agree! Racism is racism no matter what, however the effects of that rascism is probaby weighed differently.  Racism against a person of color may mean a loss of freedom or life more frequently than racism towards a non colored person (i'm talking back iin the day).

Not gonna get in the merits too much, but why are you hearing about CRT all of a sudden? Because conservatives need a new "culture wars" talking point.
People like Tucker Carlson act as if CRT is basically "white man bad", when it realistically is the idea of looking at things in context. The world didn't pop into existence yesterday & looking at modern day america without looking at/teaching the past is idiotic.

When did CRT begin, who thought of it, ill need to dig.