arrow_upward
WhatsApp and alternatives
WhatsApp has the biggest user base, which is why it is also used by most people. Do you also use WhatsApp or something else? I myself avoid WhatsApp and use Signal and Telegram.

Depends on the use case. Sometimes Wechat for some video game related groups, usually whatsapp or kik for friends. Why do you avoid Whatsapp if I may ask?

Quote:Depends on the use case. Sometimes Wechat for some video game related groups, usually whatsapp or kik for friends. Why do you avoid Whatsapp if I may ask?
WhatsApp belongs to Facebook. WhatsApp uses the own phone book and other metadata, the data is directly exchanged and processed by Facebook. They know who I am in contact with, even if I don't use Facebook and WhatsApp myself, they have my contact details from people who use the services. I do not want to increase this data pile by my own efforts.

viber is an app that's kind of similar

[+] 1 user Likes belgian67's post
telegram is decent alternative

viber is pretty good

For me it's either WhatsApp, Telegram, or Signal. Really depends on use case and who I'm trying to contact. If it's just a bunch of friends, WhatsApp is fine. Not like we're doing anything illegal. Right?!

I like viber

i use skype years ago. I think whats app is good now

Omegle is my

i suggest to try signal

very much prefer telegram over whatsapp

Don't really know

You should check reddit